Monday, October 10, 2011

Random Thoughts and Musings - Part 2

-I have become a spiller.  I have started to spill everything on myself - coffee, mayo, frosting.  If it stains, it finds its way to the front of my shirt.

-Rice Crispy treats can be substituted for breakfast.

-My assistant asked me to help assemble his "Otter Box" when it arrives with his new iPhone.  Words cannot describe how I will mock him through-out the day.

-For those of you who haven't seen my Facebook post, my cheese from The Fabulous Beekman Boy's is finally coming after being on the wait list for 6 months.  I am a food geek and I love cheese.  I also love gay men and have this bizarre fantasy I should own a farm even though I don't like to clean up animal poop or get up early.  Want this has to do with cheese, I'm not sure.  But I'm excited.  I'll post photos. 

-The Husband has started to buy me these little figurines made out of recycled metal.  They're cute, but not my style.  And they creep me out.  Imagine seeing this first thing in the morning.:
I'm trying to convince him to return to kitchen item gifts before I start having nightmares about metal creatures trying to eat me.

-I am addicted to "Chopped" and the "Iron Chef" on the Food Network.  It's becoming an issue.

-I had lunch with my estranged Grandfather on Saturday.  We hadn't spoken in over 15 years because he thought I was living in sin.  (I was living with my boyfriend out of wedlock - The horror!!!)  He's a Mormon so he's a bit touchy about those subjects.  It seems like the years have chilled him out a little and we had a nice visit.  I didn't tell him about my blog, the fact I'm a sex manic or that I've posed nude for dozens of paintings that have hung in public places and in people's homes..  That might have bought me another 15 years.

-I met one of my followers on Saturday.  She was adorable.  I think Facebook is the new way to make friends, much like Match.com is making couples. 

-I forgot to renew the satellite radio in my company car.  My assistant borrowed my car and moments later called me, spitting mad asking where was "our" satellite radio.  I think I've spoiled him.

-I read Steve Job's 2005 speech to the Stanford graduates.  I'm reevaluating my life.  He says to do what you love.  Unfortunately, a brothel that serves gourmet food would not pass at town hall meeting because of all the overly conservative blue hairs.

-In all seriousness, I read the speech, it made me think and I've decided I need to be happier.  I spent Saturday afternoon and evening cooking.  This was the first time in 4 weeks I've been able to really get down and dirty in my kitchen.  It was a food orgy.  All I'm saying is there was lots of bacon involved.

-Here is the link to the speech.  Read the damn thing. Go make yourself happy.

And......scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment