Friday, August 12, 2011

Good Times, Noodle Salad

Well, Lovers. We made it thru another week.  This is for your BBQ weekend.  It's one of my favorite ORIGINAL recipes.  Yup, that's right.  It's mine.  Paula Dean, I know you secretly read my website and I'm just telling ya not to grab this for yourself.  Besides, there is no butter in it.

Szechuan Noodle Salad

3 cups of cooled noodles (I use a thin spaghetti)
1/3 cup of thinly sliced scallions (both white and green parts)
2 large carrots, peeled into long strips
4 teaspoons of toasted sesame seeds
1/2 cup of pineapple juice
3 Tablespoons of vinegar
3 Tablespoons soy sauce
3 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
2 teaspoons of vegetable oil
2 teaspoons of honey
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
hot sauce to taste (I use Sriracha)
salt and pepper

Method

In a large bowl, combine noodles, carrots, scallions and sesame seeds.  In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients and whisk well to incorporate.  Add mixture to noodles and toss well to coat.  Chill for several hours or overnight, stirring several times.  Stir well before serving.

1 comment:

  1. Oh yeah! I am a huge fan of cold noodles. Wait...well, you know what I mean ;) xoxo

    ~Melissa

    ReplyDelete